Team RUSH ( FRC 27) is hosting its 7th annual Mentor Camp on Saturday, September 29, from8:30 am - 2:30pm ! It will be a one day training conference for all new and returning FIRST teams. The event will be hosted at and will cost $25/team of 2 mentors; which will cover the cost of the training document (Team RUSH 's "Tool Kit of Success") and a lunch (scholarships are available). Please send a check to: Team RUSH, 6093 Flemings Lake Road, Clarkston, MI, 48346, or you can pay at the door.
Conference topics will cover every aspect of FIRST, from team recruiting and formation to robot construction and competition. With over 17 years of TEAM experience, the mentors of RUSH will be hosting the sessions and answering questions.
To Register, go to: http://www.clarkston.k12.mi.us/education/components/form/default.php?sectiondetailid=26114&&&cms_mode=view
Morning Session - Sustainability 8:30 am - 11:00 am
This discussion, along with Q&A, will be focused on "team". Main topics will include:
- Tips and Tricks to starting and sustaining a team
- Recruiting and retaining students
- Examples of team/ business operations
- Fundraising, sponsorships and budgets
- Travel hints and tricks
- Examples of our "process of continuous improvement"
- Parents - how to use them to your advantage
- One year calendar
Brief lunch break 11:30-12:00 (We will provide pizza/pop lunch)
Afternoon Session - Engineering Management 12:00 noon - 2:30 pm
This discussion, along with Q&A, will be focused on the build season, as well as designing and building a robot, and competition. Main topics will include:
- Choosing a strategy
- Working in sub-groups - what are sub-groups!
- Mentor responsibilities
- Scheduling - build season weekly benchmarks
- Off the shelf components
- Shipping - now called "bagging"
- Technical discussion, including motor selection, controls (Robots 101)
Address of camp:
Clarkston High School
6093 Flemings Lake Road
Clarkston, MI 48346
Quotes from past campers:
"This is a MUST for anyone starting a team!"
"From a team with experience, this camp has taken us to the next level of organization!"
Contact Kyle Hughes for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org