Team RUSH will host a FRC Mentor camp at Clarkston High School on October 26th. Please go to: http://www.clarkston.k12.mi.us/education/components/form/default.php?cms_mode=view§iondetailid=44853&& for more information and registration.
If you are a new mentor, or you want to take your team to the next level, this camp is for you! Improvements have been made over the past few years and the camp is stronger than ever!
If you cannot make this event, please attend the November 2nd event in Grand Rapids! Please go to: http://www.clarkston.k12.mi.us/education/components/form/default.php?sectiondetailid=26114& for more information and registration!
Sign up now!
Morning Session - Sustainability 8:30 am - 11:00 am
This discussion, along with Q&A, will be focused on "team". Main topics will include:
- Tips and Tricks to starting and sustaining a team
- Recruiting and retaining students
- Examples of team/ business operations
- Fundraising, sponsorships and budgets
- Travel hints and tricks
- Examples of our "process of continuous improvement"
- Parents - how to use them to your advantage
- One year calendar
Brief lunch break 11:30-12:00 (We will provide pizza/pop lunch)
Afternoon Session - Engineering Management 12:00 noon - 2:30 pm
This discussion, along with Q&A, will be focused on the build season, as well as tricks and tips to designing and building a robot, and competition. Main topics will include:
- Choosing a strategy
- Working in sub-groups - what are sub-groups!
- Mentor responsibilities
- Scheduling - build season weekly benchmarks
- Off the shelf components
- Shipping - now called "bagging"
- Technical discussion, including motor selection, controls (Robots 101) - this is not a robot building session, but highlights on what to have/expect prior to season