REGISTER TODAY FOR PTC HANDS ON WORKSHOP - NOVEMBER 9, 2013
Holland FIRST Robotics Team CHAOS (FRC Team 74) and Code Red Robotics (FRC Team 2771) is co-hosting with PTC a free hands-on workshop to show how you can build a better robot in less time using PTC software products Creo 2.0, MathCad and Windchill.
All Michigan FRC and FTC teams are welcome to attend.
PTCs hands-on Product Development Workshop is an intense one-day workshop designed to teach FIRST teams, mentors and coaches about the real world product development process. Emphasis is given to hands-on exercises that will prepare the entire team to understand and implement a product development process for their robot design. It will also help develop team-building, entrepreneurship and design skills.
Given the timeframe, attendees will not acquire all the skills to master the concepts in just one day. Resources will be made available for further online training. This workshop is appropriate for both FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics teams.
Date: Saturday, November 9, 2013
Time: 9:00AM 3:00PM
Location: GVSU Kennedy Hall of Engineering, 301 W Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Registration Required : https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FZRF99T
Before you attend please make sure you have CREO 2.o loaded on your laptop. Click on this link for further instructions. http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/creo2_first_workshop.pdf
Before coming to class, Creo Parametric 2.0 must be installed on your laptop.
If you already have Creo installed from last season, please make sure it is Creo 2.0 and not an older version of either Creo 1.0 or Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.
Please follow the procedure below to make sure you get Creo Parametric 2.0 installed before arriving:
1. Go to http://www.ptc.com/company/community/first/teams.htm and click Register for your free copy of Creo. After registering, an email containing download and installation instructions will be sent back to you. If you do not get this within 15min, please check your Spam or Junk folders to make sure it was not sent there.
2. Before installing, please verify the following:
· You have Administrator privileges on your computer.
o To install Creo, you must have Administrator privileges. In Windows 7, you can view/edit this from the Control Panel> User Accounts
· You have unzipped the DVD.
o After downloading the zip file of the DVD, you must unzip/extract it before installing. Creo cannot be installed from the zip itself, only from the folder named MED-100WIN-CD-390_M070_Win32-64.
· The entire DVD has been downloaded and unzipped.
o After being unzipped, the folder named MED-100WIN-CD-390_M070_Win32-64 should be about 4.25GB (586 files and 43 folders). To verify this, right-click the folder and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
· All virus, malware and firewall protection has been disabled.
o Installing Creo with these enabled can result in an incomplete installation and/or the license will not be created.
3. Configuration - After your installation is complete, please read this document so you can configure your installation for the workshop: http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/creo_standards_2.pdf.
4. Graphics - If Creo starts and the graphics seem to freeze or act funny (yes, that is a technical term), this is probably related to your graphics card. Usually, updating your graphics driver will fix this (even on new computers). Please see this document for tips and workarounds:http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/support_creo2_graphics.pdf